Would all members please note that the sliding gate code has been changed. Details will be sent with your new membership card. The codes for the building remain unchanged.
Please also note the Doncaster coach trip has been abandoned. Refunds will be available in due course.
- From 24 March, people in Britain will be allowed to leave their homes for only “very limited purposes” – shopping for basic necessities; for one form of exercise a day; for any medical need; and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
- People are warned not to meet friends or family members who they do not live with.
- All gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with – are banned
- All social events are banned.
- Police have powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings.
IN CONSEQUENCE OF THESE DIRECTIVES FROM H.M. GOVERNMENT MEMBERS SHOULD NOT ATTEND EATON PARK EXCEPT IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
All meetings, work days and members days have been cancelled until further notice. Public trains have also been suspended until further notice.
Mrs Steel passes on the following message,
I have just had a call from an Alan Buys (07701 362984). He is, or was, a mechanical engineer and he has loads and loads of metal (like rods etc) which might be of interest to [ndsme] and other model engineers. Otherwise it is going into the tip!!!
It is available to see and I believe take, from the cattle market in Hall Road, opposite B&Q, in a foyer I think he said. Thought members might be interested.
So, if you’re interested, take action sooner rather than later
The trees have been felled and we are now awaiting removal of the trunks and branches. This will happen at a later date but should not affect our access.
Membership renewals are now being accepted by the society and your prompt renewal would be very helpful. Once again, membership fees are held at the 2009 rate thanks to the contribution to society funds made by public operations.
Public trains will recommence on Sunday 29th March, the start of the Easter holidays.
Membership renewals are arriving already. Please note that all new membership cards will be posted out in early April when the bulk of renewals will have been processed.
Here is a suggestion for a ndsme device for the side of the accessible carriage. What do you think?
This vehicle underwent successful clearance trials recently and a members friend volunteered to be a passenger.
The committee meeting of 15th Jan would like to draw members attention to the following extracts from legislation, which we adopting.
Health and Safety at Work &c Act 1974.
Employees have a duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other people who may be affected by any acts or omissions in relation to their work.
Employees also have a duty not to interfere with anything that has been provided for reasons of health and safety (eg machine guards) and to co-operate with their employer on health and safety matters.
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Employees are required to:
- use machinery, equipment, transport equipment, means of production or safety devices in accordance with any instruction and training given by the employer
For the purposes of the Act and the Regulations, ndsme may be considered as if it were an “employer” and members, whilst being volunteers, may be regarded in the same way as employees would be.